#1 – Create a List of Funny, Bizarre or Otherwise Interesting Stories From Your Life
#2 – On a Weekly Basis Write Down Anything Interesting that Happened
- I’ve been to four graduations.
- At one graduation the person giving the charge to the graduates went on a religions, political, and controversial rant for 30 minutes, and people were leaving in droves.
- Secretly mowed my neighbors backyard (which had weeds taller than me) so that I could even more secretly let my dogs go to the bathroom in his backyard not mine.
- I got very lost in a hospital and accidentally walked into the doctor office area.
- I drove a college track coach around the Austin area.
- I discovered one of my cousin’s kids is one of only three high school girls in Arkansas history to run a mile at her fastest time.
#3 – Look for the Obvious Metaphors Built Into What You’re Communicating
3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
#4 – Look for a Modern Equivalency and Tell a Story
6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.