Yesterday Charlie Hall spoke at the Austin Stone Worship Conference on being a servant leader. Here are my notes. I did my best to record accurately, but I was recording live. So don’t take notes on his personal life as a flawless biography.
BIG IDEA #1 – LIVE ONE LIFE
- We want to isolate ourselves.
- We want to look better than we actually are.
- We’re scared of being rejected again.
The secret to living one life:
Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. – Psalm 86:11
We can’t use costumes promote the surface level (promotions, jobs, crowds, etc.).
- One life doesn’t have costumes
- One life doesn’t have canyons
PRAY: God help me to live one life. Help me to not wear costumes and live in isolation. Help me to shrink the canyon so that my public and private life are the same
BIG IDEA#2 – LIVE IN YOUR CALLING
- Immaturity says, “Get glory from the stage”
- Maturity says, “Get glory from my life”
HIS PERSONAL CONFESSION
- Living your calling means meeting with God and letting him speak for you.
- 2nd Timothy 1:5 (this reference is off) He referenced a verse on supplementing your faith.
- Give away your calling….pass it down….be raised up and raise up others.
BIG IDEA #3 – Live for Jesus With Jesus for the Glory of the Father Through the Power of the Spirit Because of the Gospel
BIG IDEA #4 – Love & Shepherd Our People With the Love of our Father
- Weep over faces not crowds
- Show hospitality