No one likes their stuff to break.
It’s particularly awkward when someone else breaks your stuff.
If you’re notorious for breaking borrowed items or using them poorly, no one is going to let you use their stuff. Why would they?
When borrowing stuff, you want to ask: How can I cause as little inconvenience as possible?
- Treat the borrowed items with greater care than your own items
- Never return anything late
- Don’t do anything which will permanently alter the appearance
- Return the item to the exact location and setup you got it from
- Never create a scenario where the person you borrowed from is having redo their setup because of you
- When you do break something, be quick to replace or fix it