This is the first time I’ve taken a DISC test. Besides a few points the results were pretty accurate. One of the most interesting things to me is that the DISC test tells me I’m an extrovert, but the Myers Briggs tells me I’m strongly introverted.
· Natural leader and spokesperson
· High Ego Strength
· Influential and Motivating
· High Energy, Extroverted; Optimistic
Value To Team
· Bottom-line organizer
· High Energy; Spurs Activity
· Can Multi-task Easily
· Decisive and great in crisis
· May be overly aggressive
· Attitude that can be potentially argumentative
· Impatient with others
· Attempts too much at once
· Being able to direct and pioneer
· Power and authority to take risks and make decisions
· Freedom from routine and mundane tasks
· Changing environments in which to work
My Ideal Environment
· A competitive environment with rewards
· Non-routine, challenging tasks and activities
· Being able to delegate details to others
· Freedom from controls, supervision, and details
· Personal evaluation based on my results, not my methods
Remember, a Concluder may want:
· Authority, varied activities, prestige, freedom, assignments promoting growth, opportunity for advancement
Forceful and direct, Sean tends to be a strong individualist. He is forward-looking, progressive and competes to attain goals. Sean is curious and has a wide range of interests. He is logical, incisive and critical in his problem solving. Many times he will come up with the imaginative and unusual. Sean has good leadership abilities. He may appear to be cold or blunt because his task-orientation tends to overtake his people-orientation. Sean places high standards on himself and can appear to be critical when these standards are not met. Sean also places high standards on the people that surround him, and expects perfection. He seeks authority and challenging assignments.
Sean can have a very strong impact on people and can motivate others to achieve goals. Because of these characteristics, he needs to be sensitive to the people around him. His high-risk, adventurous spirit moves him through life at a fast pace while making things happen in the lives of the people around him! Others may see Sean as opinionated, and he will challenge others’ opinions.
Sean tends to be short-tempered, especially when he feels someone is taking advantage of him. He thrives on activity and a consistently forward moving environment. Patience does not come easily to him. Sean may put himself in the position of being affected by other people’s actions because he wants to be involved in everything going on around him. Sean may want to take charge of problems that are out of his area of responsibility and may be irritated when others do not share his sense of urgency. Sean is constantly thinking about what to move on to next that is new and exciting.
You like to use your creativity to perfect basic concepts that other team members develop. You can oversee and help keep accountability in areas that others may compromise.