Less is More by Craig Groeschel
- “As communicators, we can become emotionally attached to information others simply don’t care about. Find those areas and cut them.”
How to Prepare a Message by Perry Nobles
- “One of the greatest problems I believe the church has is that we are answering the questions that no one is asking.”
- “The best thing we can do as a communicator is communicate what God is setting our hearts on fire with because then we don’t have to produce the passion– God produces the passion inside of us.”
Questions to Ask by Andy Stanley
- What do I want them to know?
- Why do I want them to know it?
- What do I want them to do?
- Why do I want them to do it?
Reflections on Preaching by Mark Driscoll
- “I will simply say to all the young preachers that preaching is like driving a clutch; it takes a long time to do well if you live through the practice…The difficulty of coming up with fresh insights combined with the difficulty of finding my own voice and speaking with clarity, candor, and confidence, not to mention some comedy, took hundreds of sermons to even begin to overcome regularly.
- “Too often the principles of Scripture are preached when the images and word pictures are far more impacting and memorable… I find that sermons are memorable if the images in the Scriptures can be drilled into the imaginations of people.”
Questions to Ask by Mark Driscoll
- What does Scripture say?
- What does Scripture mean?
- Why do we resist this truth?
- Why does this matter?
- How is Jesus the hero?