I’ve primarily been involved with outreach focused churches. I’ve been apart of huge events, small events, and various service projects. There have been thrown events which I literally spent months planning due to the complexity. We spent months recruiting volunteers and training them on how to connect with the community.
Then I read an article like this: Simplified Missional Living by Jonathan Dobson. His thinking seems so simple and obvious. Yet, it makes perfect sense. It makes me rethink so much of where I’m putting my effort.
Nine Suggestions for Simple Missional Living (summary from Catablog)
1) Eat with non-Christians
2) Walk, don’t drive ,around your neighborhood when possible.
3) Be a “regular” at your local coffee shop, restaurant, market, hair cut, etc
4) Hobby with non-Christians
5) Talk with your co-workers
6) Volunteer with a non-profit organization
7) Participate in city events
8) Serve your neighbors
9) Talk to people in your community