[Two days ago I posted a blog I wrote in 2009 on “Six Reasons More Reasons We Aren’t Growing.” This blog is my new perspective on the second three reasons]
10) No One Can Find You in the Real or Cyber World
I have nothing really new to add. Your website is the front door to your church. Make sure it’s good, up to date, and that people can discover what they’re looking for. .
11) You have more cheese than Limburger and more corn than Nebraska – Suggest by Cody Pope
- Christian versions of anything
- Parodies of secular ideas
- Anything youth ministry from the 90’s
- Christian music where the lyrics read like a bad Sunday school lesson for a 3rd grader
- Guys over 40 dressing like they’re under 22
- Adding unnecessary and forced spiritual lessons to games which weren’t designed to have a spiritual lesson
- Replacing wit and cleverness for big broad jokes which involve being loud and obnoxious
Once again I have little to add. If the church leadership won’t support you, you will be fighting an up-hill battle in your ministry.
Ministry is extremely difficult in any circumstances. Doing church ministry without the support of the church is a bit like trying to drive your car without gasoline. The results won’t be very good.