Session II – Kem Meyer – Communications Director @ Granger Community Church
Check Your Ego
- Who should work harder: us or our customers?
- Do I care more about what I’m saying or who I’m saying it to?
- Do I care more about what I’m doing or who I’m doing it for?
Get an Image Consultant
- Sometimes the picture we draw isn’t what people are seeing
Keep It Simple
- If you want to maximize the response, minimize the options
- If you don’t understand it internally, people won’t understand it externally
- What is more important: Getting the word out or getting through?
Session IV – Steve Price – VP of Human Resources at Dell
Four Characteristics of a Great Leader
1) Leaders Know that Winning Matters
- w/o winning we lose hope
- How can we differentiate ourselves?
2) Leaders are Deliberate in Building the Goodwill of the People
- Each person is a different lock in need of a different key
3) Leaders Have Clarity of Purpose
- What is your leadership purpose?
4) Finish Strong
Session VI – Roy Spence – CEO of The Purpose Institute, Advisor to former presidents
- Never ever give in…at that moment is when the tides will turn
- Stop chasing the closed door and go after the open door
- Be kinder than needed today because you don’t know who will need it
- You better be in the business of making peoples lives better
- I basically like people who like me
- Everyone wants to be leader…few people want the hurt that goes with leadership
- We’re at our best when we fight for right…we’re at our worst when we fight for ego
Job #1 – Cast the Purpose of Your Organization
Job #2 – Protect Your People
Job #3 – Remember the Golden Rule
Job #4 – Fess Up When You Mess Up
Job #5 – Dump the Garbage Daily